CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Eternal Family

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

From the desk of Mr. Mom!

Well things have been very up in the air for us lately. Like walking through a thick fog not knowing what is on the other side. Sherry and I have switched places for a little while. We are still living in San Antonio, TX. Sherry is working full-time as a Book Specialist/Cafe Manager at a book store called Books-A-Million. She is working and doing a fantastic job in the last month not only has she been promoted but she is runs the stores cafe and all its workings. She is pulling sometimes 10 - 12 hour shifts back to back to help get us back on our feet and being the holidays is even more of a challenge for her.

I am attending College locally in hopes of being accepted into the Nursing program at the University of Texas. I was planning of a career in Law enforcement, but it just isn't where I see myself. I have wanted a medical career ever since I was a teenager, and with the help of my military benefits I will be able to push through to a Bachelors with my only worry being what grade I'm getting.

We have been looking for a place to live... somewhere that we can settle in for at least 2 to 4 years. As the Holidays approach homes, and even apartments are becoming more difficult to locate, at least in the areas we want.

Nikoy is doing great. She is like a dry sponge taking in every bit of knowledge she can understand, and even some she doesn't. We have set up a game where every day she is given a new vocabulary word regardless of how big it is, and by the end of the week she is tested on what she remembers. The last word she was given was inconspicuous, and she surprised us by using it today. She is excited for Santa and can wait to see if she was truly a good girl this year. Something tells me she may very well be on the nice list. We are looking into hopefully getting her into a late preschool prep to help prepare her for starting kindergarten next fall. I guess we can only wait and see if it works how we want.

Kaylee is growing so fast. She wants to be a big girl like her sister, but at the same time be the baby still. She asked Santa for the one thing I think that every little girl asks the Jolly man for, "a Pony." We will see if Santa lives up to her expectations. Who knows maybe he will come through for her.

Shaun or Cayden to me, is growing to fast. He is not even 6 months old and we are searching the city for any clothing at least 12 months. Our big Chunk is starting to roll and use his arms and legs regularly. He has even mastered the art of eating French Fries, and getting them everywhere.

Well, there is not much else left to say about us except, we love you all. Merry Christmas and Happy New year! Hope to see you all next year!!!

2 comments:

The Knudsen's

I am happy to hear that things are doing well. I wish you luck with the schooling! It was nice to hear how you are all doing. We miss hanging out with you guys (weather or not you believe that) You are all in our prayers. You should post some pictures of you all so we can see! Take care!

Justin and Michelle Klingler

Join the improved Klinglerville at : www.justinklingler.ning.com . This will be a much easier way for everyone to come together and stay updated on our growing family. Join the group and start updating the family today!